Sunday, March 26, 2017

Just Stop

"Be still..." ~Psalm 46:10


This may be a small section of this verse, but even just this section holds so much meaning for the busy Christian.  I've been away from this blog for a good chunk of time...longer than I had planned.  Part of it was a few house sitting jobs I had landed recently while on my search for a more permanent job involving human interactions on a regular basis.  However, the same way we can boil down our neglect in our spiritual lives to selfishness sometimes, so I must admit that I have been focusing a lot more on "me time" than has been necessary.

Sometimes it's difficult for us to focus and take the time to really concentrate on what is important.  We get busy in the small things of the day to day life.  There's always food that needs to be made and eaten, clothes that need to be washed, dried and folded, and errands that need to be run, let alone if someone has a full time job as well.  If we want to, we will always find something to keep ourselves busy, and I really struggle with that.  There's always something that needs to be done and many times, I unfortunately manage my time poorly.

Whenever a Christian manages to have this problem, many times our relationship with our loving Father ends up suffering...and it's not fair.  This Almighty God who gave us the greatest gift of all, gets put on the back burner.  And He waits for us to realize that we can't do anything without Him and come back and ask for His forgiveness, help, and guidance. Our Abba Father wants the best for us, but also wants us to listen patiently.

Be still...stop...rest...listen to understand...

Be still...unmoving...noiseless...

Be still...calm...patient...

Be still, and know that I am God...

No one else can do for us what God does.  No one else can support us like God can.  No one else can love us like God does.  No one else can guide us like God can.

Be Still and Know That He is God...

No comments:

Post a Comment