Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Double Post Tuesday!

Normally, I would not (and may not ever again) post two things in one day, but this day is different.  The other post I have been working on for a couple days, this one came with the playing of a song.  The song is Lord Stay Close to Me by Legacy Five and can be found here.  Every time I listen to this song, it's more of an actual prayer to me than just a song.  I'm a musical person so I guess that makes sense to me...

Right now, I have a friend of mine that is going through some hard times.  Throughout this time of need, I wish I could do more for them than just listen to them and pray.  Our hard times are meant to be shared, firstly with God, but also with our brothers and sisters in Christ.  They may not be able to bear our burden for us, but they can intercede on our behalf before our heavenly Father.  They can encourage us along the way and help us to remember that though we may be going though a tough time now, this is just a season in our life and we must not let it overcome us.

It all boils down to whether or not we are strengthening our relationship with God on a daily basis.  If we are, we will lean on God through our trials and be able to strengthen others on their journey when they need it.  If we are not strengthening our relationship, we will become weak and struggle through our trials without understanding and when someone else needs help, who knows if we will be available.  My friend, a relationship with God is the only way to get through this life.  There are no magic words, objects, or people who can make our lives the best it can be, there is only God.

Are you trusting in Him?  Or are you trusting in man?


No comments:

Post a Comment