Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Late Night Snack

This will not be a typical post today, but a valid one nonetheless.  Especially as I have missed the past few days while trying to finish an essay that just won't finish itself.  I am currently a victim of being taught to make my points nice and concise so that others don't have to read through a book to get my point...and currently I'm trying to finish an 8-10 page essay.

This essay is different though.  I'm trying to convey the point that something is wrong and I have a way it can be fixed and why it needs to be put into place.  You see, there are many things and places in our lives where we will go astray and try to ignore something that is wrong when it really needs to be fixed.  Or we don't even realize that something is wrong to begin with.  There is always someone who is there to show us when something is wrong in our own lives though.

That someone is God.  Thankfully He is always by my side when I need help in my life.  Granted, He can't help unless I ask for it...and sometimes I have a problem with that.  Especially tonight as my mind continues to draw a blank on my essay but these words flow gently off my fingertips.  A walk with God is always more enjoyable than a walk with the world.

There is so much wrong with the world that until the whole world gets its head out of the ground and actually looks around, we will never have peace and there will ALWAYS be something wrong.  No matter what we do, no matter what we say, only God and fix us and our world.  Sometimes I just look around me and wonder if there really is a point to this life I live, and then I remember the still small voice telling me, "These people you are looking at, I need you to show Me to them through your actions and words.  You won't always see the fruit of it, but you will make a difference if you will only reach out and trust that I am with you."  I draw this voice from verses like Mark 15:16, 1 Cor. 3:6, Prov. 3:5, and many others that I cannot list by reference just yet.

I also draw strength through songs that have been written in ages past that bring glory to God and most are a constant reminder that He alone is God above all.  I love that songs are used for so many things, but one of the biggest blessings they can be sometimes, is a prayer.  A true sincere prayer for those days that words alone cannot comprehend.  The deep utterings of the heart where all we can do is say "Lord, I need you" or "Lord, stay close to me."  The yearning of the heart is so strong sometimes that the mind cannot keep up...

I pray that my late night ramblings are understandable and somewhat useful for thought...

Signing off
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment