Friday, January 27, 2017

My God is Strong

"I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.
They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness."
~Psalms 145:5-7


God is so good.  I sit here tonight...while technically being this morning...as two of my friend's babies sleep away in the NICU. So many thoughts to run through a person's mind, but the biggest one is God is in control.  He knew these events would happen and helped these strong ladies grow in Him so that they would be prepared for whatever happens in their lives. Granted, while one friend may not be as close a friend as some, the other is the friend I had just visited a couple weeks ago.  Both had their babies a couple months earlier than their due dates, and both are so full of joy that their little ones are still growing and are a part of this world now.

While we still would have preferred that they had been full term babies, God has been so good and is watching over these two families.  I am so blessed to be able to watch them and pray for them as each faces different trials throughout this new experience.  And my best friend, well she has proven to be stronger than some who are close to her expected.

The world may expect us to crumble and fail beneath the weight of adversity that is thrown at us, but is we are truly reliant upon God and His word, there is nothing that can stop us.  My God is so great and powerful that my friend was beginning to prepare for her little one's arrival while I was down there.  She didn't need to, but there was a desire instilled in her for some reason, and now there is that much less that she needs to think about.  God has given her and her husband such strength that I thank Him everyday that I get to be a participant in their life.

I love them, and I love My God, the one who died for me.  He not only watches over them, but He watches over me, even though I am far from worthy of His love and grace.  I can never cease to praise His name and I never want to.  He has done so much for me and led me to so many great people that I would have NEVER met otherwise.  He is so great and powerful above all things.

Will you tell others about what He has done in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment